Job Vacancy: Assistant to Director
CETAF aisbl is recruiting a:
Assistant to Director
A. JOB DESCRIPTION
As Assistant to the Executive Director (m/f/x), youwill be joining our team at the General Secretariat, in Brussels. The CETAF General Secretariat manages the consortium of 71 natural sciences institutions and the participation in several relevant EU-funded projects and initiatives.You will primarily be supporting the Executive Director in the administrative tasks relating to these two main objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, making meeting and travel arrangements, manage office systems and support the accounting.
You will be supervised by and work closely with the Executive Director, as well as in collaboration with the rest of the General Secretariat Staff.
- Agenda management; follow-up on deadlines of (preparation of) meetings, conferences, business events, travel and conference call organization;
- Inbox management including drafting response emails for the Executive Director;
- Organisation of (physical and virtual) meetings with internal and external contacts;
- Make travel arrangements for the Office as well as for the CETAF Executive Committee or others travelling for CETAF purposes;
- Collaborate in the organisation of (physical and virtual) events and contribute to the elaboration of the agenda, minutes and other documentation generated;
- Prepare event materials (e.g. name badges and other printed material) as well as assisting on-site at events;
- Attend meetings and take minutes when necessary;
- Provide support to the preparation and dissemination of papers for the CETAF governance body meetings when appropriate;
- Handle billing, expense notes and invoices;
- Produce required documentation and monitor legal requirements in regard to financial aspects of CETAF as Belgian AISBL;
- Prepare and monitor financial reporting and requirements for EU funds;
- Prepare budgets and other financial reports to Board;
- Other administrative tasks for the adequate functioning and development of the General Secretariat office and/or the Consortium as well as the DiSSCo Office.
B. MAIN REQUIREMENTS
- Formal education in a related field or equivalent work experience;
- High-level organisational skills;
- Strong demonstrated administrative and interpersonal skills;
- The ideal candidate will have the following specific competencies:
a. Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint);
c. Experience in financial reporting,same experience for EU-funded projects is an asset;
d. Ability to identify problems and provide solutions;
e. Able to work well in an international environment;
f. Well-organised with an eye for detail;
g. Excellent writing skills;
h. Communicate effectively;
i. Ability to work independently and in a team;
j. Ability to take initiative, prioritise and work under set deadlines;
k. Knowledge of the Belgian legal landscape concerning AISBL’s is a plus.
- Professional experience in a support or similar role of at least 2 years;
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines and on multiple priorities;
- Good oral and written working knowledge of English and French. All other European languages are an asset;
- Authorised to work in Belgium.
C. GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Start date: ASAP
- Work pattern: Part-time (20 hours per week)
- Contract: 1 year (renewable)
- Workplace: CETAF General Secretariat
c/o Royal Belgian Institute for Natural Sciences
Rue Vautier, 29
1000 Brussels, Belgium
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter in English and as a single file to the CETAF Executive Director, Ana Casino (email@example.com), with the subject line “Assistant to Director” by 25 March 2021, noon. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.